Latest news from Stacy Schiff
- Stacy has published a new essay in The New Yorker, "Véra Nabokov Was the First and Greatest Champion of "Lolita", which is excerpted from the anthology Lolita in the Afterlife: On Beauty, Risk, and Reckoning with the Most Indelible and Shocking Novel of the Twentieth Century, edited by Jennifer Minton Quigley, and available from Vintage Books.
- The New Yorker has published an excerpt from The Witches in its September 7, 2015 issue.
- The Barnes & Noble Blog has profiled Stacy in their "Authors You Need to Read" series. (April 22)
- Stacy is currently at work on her next book, which focuses on the Salem Witch Trials in early colonial Massachusetts. More news on this later!
- Cleopatra: A Life will debut at #3 on the New York Times paperback nonfiction list and at #2 on the IndieBound nonfiction list.
- The paperback edition of Cleopatra: A Life is now available! Hachette Books asked some people on the streets of New York what they thought of Cleopatra...
- Look for Stacy to appear in upcoming episodes of MSNBC's "Morning Joe" (Dec 21), PBS's "Need to Know" (Dec 24), and "The Martha Stewart Show" in January.
- A new essay, "Cleopatra's Guide to Good Governance," was featured in the New York Times Saturday December 4.
- Cleopatra: A Life selected by New York Times as one of "10 Best Books of 2010" on December 2.
- "Goddess, Queen, Celebrity: 11 Iconic Images Of Cleopatra And Why They're Wrong," an essay with photographs, was published in Huffington Post November 10.
- Cleopatra: A Life was included in Tina Brown's must reads on women and power for NPR on November 10. Listen now
- "How History and Hollywood Got Cleopatra Wrong,", a review of Cleopatra: A Life by W. Ralph Eubanks for NPR, was published November 1.
- "The Woman Who Had the World Enthralled," a review of Cleopatra: A Life by New York Times writer Michiko Kakutani, was published November 1.
- "Reviving Cleopatra," Cullen Murphy and Mary Ellen Mark spotlight Stacy in the November issue of Vanity Fair.
- Oprah.com featured an interview with Stacy on October 21st entitled, "Why Cleopatra Still Matters"
- Newsweek ran their review of Cleopatra: A Life in their October 21st issue: "The Sexy Beast That Was Cleopatra"
- The New York Times Magazine featured an interview, "The Queen," with Stacy in their October 15th issue.
- Gawker has included Cleopatra: A life on its 2010 list of "What to read this fall."
- Cleopatra: A Life will be included in TIME magazine's fall arts preview September 20th.
- Daily Beast is featuring Cleopatra: A Life as one of its fall "must-reads."
- Cleopatra: A Life one of USA Today's "Cool fall books"
- Angelina Jolie confirmed to play Cleopatra in film adaptation of Cleopatra: A Life (The Daily Beast and US Weekly)
Also in this section
The latest from Twitter
Posted by Stacy Schiff 4 days, 19 hours ago
Posted by brookline booksmith 1 week ago
Retweeted by Stacy Schiff 1 week ago
Posted by Stacy Schiff 1 week ago